Laboratory of numerical analysis and technical calculations
Main goals and activities of the laboratory
- Teaching and training in the field of simulation of flow, temperature fields, deformation and stress in systems.
- Solving basic research tasks.
- Solving tasks of applied and contract research.
- Technological support of research and development activities in partner companies.
- Analyzes and assessments for private companies and public authorities.
- Ansys (Ansys, Fluent, CFX, Polyfl ow)
- Altair (HyperMesh, HyperMath, OptiStruct, RADIOSS, HyperForm
- SolidWorks, etc.
- DELL PowerEdge M1000e (56 cores, 176 GB RAM)
- Powerful workstations (9x)
Professional focus of the laboratory
Numerical flow simulation
- Internal and external aerodynamics
- Stationary and non-stationary calculations
- Variable parameters of flowing media depending on temperature, pressure, concentration, etc.
- Non-isothermal calculations, simulation of heat transfer, simulation of heat transfer by radiation
- Laminar and turbulent flow
- Newtonian and non-Newtonian fluids
- Multiphase flow and cavitation
- Simulation of chemical reactions, combustion, mixing
- Particle transport simulation
- Proposal of measures and optimization
- Problems of moisture transfer, condensation, evaporation, drying
Numerical simulations and analyzes of temperature fields
- Temperature field simulation in structures
- Heat loss analysis (gains)
- Analysis of heating and cooling in technologies, design of technologies for heating and cooling
- Simulation and analysis of thermal deformations and thermal stress of structures
- Design of new or optimization of existing equipment
- Design or optimization of technological processes
- Analysis of defects and faults